Built in 1902

  • Early in 1903 the bacteriological department moved from the crowded rooms of the veterinary laboratory into a new commodious quarters.
  • The building is located a short distance northeast of the botanical laboratory and a short distance southeast of the horticultural laboratory .
  • The dimensions are 75.5 ft. x 58.5 feet and has a stable directly behind the main building with dimensions 42.5 ft x 43 ft.
  • All the original equipment was of the modern style and the cost of the building was $30,000[1][2]

  1. ^ Beal, "A History of Michigan Agricultural College," Pg 279-280. Lansing Michigan, Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co. 1915.

  2. ^ Photo in Beal pg 279