"The new agricultural building was erected in 1908-1909 at a cost of about $182,000 and is the finest building on campus. Two years previous, many of the farm barns were removed, rebuilt and enlarged and new ones were erected, thus leaving a clear space at the south end of the laboratory row, next south of the first agricultural building erected in 1889, through the efforts of Professor Samuel Johnson."

'In size it is 190 feet long by 86 feet wide, and five stories high including basement and finished attic. It is constructed of Bedford stone and paving brick, with interior concrete construction, making it fire proof throughout. In addiction to the main building there is a stock judging pavilion 45x110 feet, one and a half stories high, extending to the rear. This is so arranged as to admit of dividing into two separate rooms when necessary and has a gallery along all four sides for the accommodation of visitors."

"This building accommodates the work of farm mechanics, meat demonstration, farm machinery, instruction in the use of cement, animal husbandry, agronomy, work in soils, chemistry of the experiment station, a large assembly hall and numerous offices and store rooms."[1]
  1. ^ Beal, "A History of Michigan Agricultural College," Pg 285. Lansing Michigan, Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co. 1915.