In 1999 the Field, grass field south of Landon Hall, was dedicated in honor of Walter Adams (1922 -1928). Adams was a distinguished professor of economics and served as the 13th President of Michigan State university. However this field had been in use for long before it was dedicated. It had been known informally as Landon Field, and before that Old Drill Field.