About 1889 two greenhouses, since torn down, placed side by side, extending north and south, northwest of the second botanical laboratory, were built by professor Taft- as an experiment- one heated by hot water, the other by steam, to see which method was preferable." [1]
  1. ^ ^ Beal, "A History of Michigan Agricultural College," Pg 280. Lansing Michigan, Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co. 1915